Thursday, May 10, 2018

A letter from gallipoli


27th April 1918


Dear dad

Here in Gallipoli the noise is tremendous like the sound of a bullet. Rifles are being shot and people are being killed. It's really hard being a soldier I mean like it is so hot out here and the pollution is so bad even there's flies out here!. We have to carry water up the hill and it’s really retiring and everybody is worn out. We have underground dugouts. The sounds of big snipers exploding are big  but I’m finally getting use to it. The violence is terrifying and everybody's health is really bad. We are wondering were our enemy is now. There are many dreadful things over here like the heat. Suddenly I find this map which will help us make our fight more interesting and help us come back into the war. So I pick it up and follow the mysterious map throw the horrifying smell of poo. I have to dodge arrows not touch the mud using the trees to help me. The sound is quiet and I feel nervous. Then suddenly I  find this gun so I pick it up and keep walking. Then comes the interesting part it says that there enemies are fighting up against our country you must hurry. I start to run and suddenly in the far distance I can see them fighting so I start sniping them and then everyone is dead we claim victory I shout.

Love from your son shlok

No comments:

Post a Comment